Our flagship workshops are designed to build your group’s understanding of the context and systems that impact your communication efforts. We bring in highly-regarded experts in journalism, community engagement, and/or policymaking to provide your group with a window into their world and give direct, personal feedback on your messages and engagement goals. These subject matter experts get to know your group and their work at a level that isn’t typically possible, leading to a unique experience and new relationships!...Read More
Each workshop is customized to meet the goals of the group through design conversations with your organizers and a pre-workshop participant survey to help us understand their work and communication goals.
Following the workshops, groups can also opt into our Intensive Engagement Track* for additional, personal guidance on a direct engagement effort. Through small group coaching calls, COMPASS staff will work with participants to prepare and complete at least one meeting or conversation with their chosen audience, including developing a one-page summary of their work to share with them.
Content may be adapted to include:
- Message Box introduction
- Introduction to the science of science communication
- Personal feedback from external experts, peers, and COMPASS staff
- Personalized practice scenarios with external experts
- Customized small-group sessions with experts and COMPASS staff such as: working with policymakers, journalists, or community members; storytelling; setting your engagement goals; network mapping and more
- Optional Intensive Engagement Track*
- Up to 20 participants
- Virtual or In-person options
(Virutal starts at $25,000; Contact us for in-person and optional intensive track pricing.)
Contact us to book a Flagship Workshop